- 1 1. Sigur Ross – Lúppulagið
- 2 2. Of Monsters and Men – Little Talks (Bombay Bicycle Club Remix)
- 3 3. Emiliana Torrini – Big Jumps
- 4 4. Apparat Organ Quartet – Romantika
- 5 5. Eberg – Love Your Bum
- 6 6. Hafdís Huld – Queen Bee
- 7 7. Björk – All is Full of Love
- 8 8. Mugison – Þjóðarsálin
Mis à jour le
A good playlist is so important during a road trip! I like to choose music that fit landscapes.
For the supernatural beauty of Iceland, I prepared a mixtape with Icelandic musicians we already know, some new bands I discovered, and a few of my favorite bands.
This playlist will be your perfect co-pilot on the Route 1!
1. Sigur Ross – Lúppulagið
This band is one of the most internationally known band from Reykjavík. A mix of classical and minimalist music perfect to go with a look at the Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon.
2. Of Monsters and Men – Little Talks (Bombay Bicycle Club Remix)
Of Monster and man is an indie folk band from Iceland. This remix brings a new way of listening to this top 10 song of 2013. On the way to the north to Akureyri, you’ll enjoy the road listening to this.
3. Emiliana Torrini – Big Jumps
Don’t you think this song is just perfect to wake up in your camping car beside the Skógar waterfall?
4. Apparat Organ Quartet – Romantika
This band form of one drummer and organists comes from Reykjavík, but I’d say this robot music makes a match with the Mars looking landscapes of Mývatn.
5. Eberg – Love Your Bum
I’d totally listen to that band while driving the winding roads of Iceland’s fjords.
6. Hafdís Huld – Queen Bee
Another camping song from an Icelandic singer! Okay, for me acoustic guitar is synonym of camping. I can’t help it.
7. Björk – All is Full of Love
She doesn’t need a presentation.
In Iceland, you can find her music everywhere. You can even buy her cds in convenience stores! Personally, I liked to listen to this song while looking at volcanic landscapes near Blue Lagoon.
8. Mugison – Þjóðarsálin
Why not listen to this Icelandic singer while drinking a Viking in a Reykjavík pub?
9. Arcade Fire – Ready To Start
Okay, I include a band from Montreal, but man this song must be added to any road trip playlist!
You tell me! What would you put on your road trip playlist to Iceland?
Want to discover more posts about Iceland? You’ll probably enjoy:
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Iceland
- How to Visit Iceland For Less Than 1000$
- A Short Love Story (Involving Sheep)
- Myvatn – A Cheap Way to Go to Mars
- Walking on the Biggest Glacier of Iceland
- What to Pack For Iceland in Summer
- 14 Days Itinerary in Iceland – Part 1
- 14 Days Itinerary in Iceland – Part 2
- Runtur in Reykjavik – One Crazy Night Under the Midnight Sun